- 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
- Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
- Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
- Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Love to conceptualise and build applications in Amazon Advertising from grounds-up? Like to develop real-time, distributed, large-scale, and modern front-end applications? Like to interact with worldwide advertising customers to build systems that makes advertising and it's functions automated and frictionless? Interested in being part of a worldwide Advertising Customer Experience team? Then, Software Development team that builds Tier-1 Advertising Experience wants you!
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products.
The Advertising Billing team develops core services and tools to support billing, invoicing, payment processing, budgeting, promotions and fraud management for all ad programs. The Billing program supports 6+ ad products within Performance and Display businesses. It is responsible for providing end-to-end billing functions for hundreds-of-thousands of advertisers, billions in revenue booking, growing exponentially. This team owns the real time distributed engine that executes payments for our advertising customers. This engine currently fields millions of payment requests but with the unprecedented growth rate of the business, we need to revisit the architecture with a special focus on scalability. As we support multiple new businesses and programs, we are looking to revisit this distributed system to deal with an ever-growing volume while reliably maintaining “exactly once delivery” semantics. This system also needs to have a high bar on accuracy as eliminating the smallest payment defects are a key to earning trust with our advertisers. As a part of the fraud management mandate, the team owns building out predictive risk scoring algorithms based on real time signals. These algorithms will help control features that are available to eligible advertisers and complement the machine learning initiatives to detect and prevent suspicious activity.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be 100% focused on the customer, understanding their needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. You will also be excellent at driving results, being able to coordinate large, multi-functional projects on-time, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. You are involved in defining or reviewing the systems-level technical design of your projects and balance near term business need with long term implications for Amazon. You rationalize technical requirements and business priorities in cross-functional teams. You manage cross-functional communication to ensure all business and technical stakeholder’s needs are aligned.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large products and projects, and will have a well-rounded background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You constantly strive to expand our understanding of the metrics that drive our business and growth aspirations. Lastly, your communication skills - both verbal and written - are excellent, and you will be able to clearly communicate at all levels in the organization, including senior management.
TPM, Program Manager, Technical Program Manager, Senior Technical Program Manager, Sr. TPM, Senior TPM, TPM-III, TPM III
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Experience in analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
- Experience in on-time and on-budget delivery of large complex software projects.
- Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
- Show a capability to create a strong business and technical vision and drive a team towards that vision.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Coding skills in Java and/or C++ coupled with strong base in object-oriented design and development
- Has had at least 2+ years of experience working on large scale distributed computing systems or direct experience with building billing systems.
- Understanding of the Ads Domain
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.