- Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management in a consumer electronics environment
- 7+ years of experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
- 5+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
If you are passionate about bringing new technology to life and working on cutting edge products, come join my team. Looking for highly skilled TPMs. In the past couple of years, we've delivered Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus series of products and we continue to innovate on behalf of our customers. My team also works on Software OTA deployments and delivering cross-functional features on Alexa enabled devices.
A day in the life
- work with multiple cross functional teams like engineering/product management/operations to bring new products to life.
About the hiring group
- new product launches
- cross device features
- over the air updates
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
- Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery
- Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Master's degree or advanced technical degree * Creative leader with superior analytical abilities * Product development (including C++, Java, messaging protocols, and Web Services), and service-oriented architecture experience * Knowledge of hardware development process and life cycle Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.