- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 2+ years of technical program management experience
- Familiarity with Atlassian products, including Jira and Confluence
- Experienced in Lean / Six Sigma, Value steam mapping
- Experience managing large scale software/hardware development projects
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies, constraints, deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional stakeholders and senior executives
- Ability to solve complex problems through research and analysis
- Experience developing technical designs & business requirements for service oriented software development projects
FireTV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S. The FireTV team is passionate about bringing incredible entertainment experiences to our customers and helping them discover shows that they want to watch every day by making the entertainment experience more intuitive for customers and easier to discover great content.
A day in the life
The role is inherently cross-functional:
you will work closely with a high-energy team of software engineers, program managers, user experience designers, marketers, customer service leads as well as internal & external product stakeholders across the company (Amazon Video, AppStore, etc). This role is a good fit for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, is both creative and technical, and who is sensitive to (or understands) the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and works with them to resolve differences. The ideal candidate has a passion for TV & video entertainment combined with an established track delivering break-out consumer technology products
About the hiring group
At the heart of the FireTV Supply Chain team is delighting our customers. We are responsible for developing and executing a global supply chain that will bring the FireTV experience to every device in the world. We focus on establishing strategic engagement with our retail partners and 3rd party suppliers, and deploying mechanisms and automation that will enhance our production capabilities, reduce cost, and improve responsiveness of the FireTV supply chain.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager in the FireTV organization, you will help raise the bar in delighting our customers by delivering the supply chain that provides the contents that they want to watch. You will map the physical and data flows of the Global FireTV supply chain, identify opportunities, and deliver a roadmap of initiatives necessary to achieve the ideal state in existing and new marketplaces.
You will be responsible for risk management programs that will improve component sourcing options for our suppliers and manufacturing partners. You will develop engineering change point management mechanisms to streamline how new components are qualified. You will develop metrics to monitor overall supply chain performance. You will lead strategic programs to digitize our entire supply chain data ecosystem by driving innovative solutions that enhance data sharing, integration, visualization, and intelligence to improve operational efficiency, simplify decision making, and increase partner experience.
Candidate should be experienced in Lean / Six Sigma, demonstrate systematic approaches to problem solving, and proficiency at creating process models / tools, re-engineering business processes, and performing complex data analysis to improve production volume attainment and scaling efforts.
You will lead focused and strategically critical projects in all areas of the business as required to support Global FireTV supply chain operations, including critical components sourcing, automation, new product introduction, and design supply networks to support new market / global expansion initiatives. You will diagnose Amazon processes, identify improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies and guide the improvement effort. Considerable judgment is necessary because you will be motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment where explosive growth is occurring while achieving impeccable quality.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Proficiency level in Excel, SQL, Python
- Self-starter and Self-finisher
- Track record of managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services
- Affinity for consumer electronics