- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional or military experience
- 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
- 6+ years of experience as a program manager, project manager, product manager, or similar role executing highly visible customer experiences
- Bachelor’s degree is required or 7+ years equivalent professional or military experience
- Experience developing and implementing carbon reduction and sustainability implementation strategies for packaging, product, transportation, and/or facilities
- Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted programs from concept through operations
- Proven ability to work cross-team, synthesize feedback, and remove roadblocks with stakeholders
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, ability to set priorities, and deliver results daily
- Meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently
- Superior presentation and written communication skills
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. As part of our Climate Pledge to reach net zero carbon by 2040, we’re inventing solutions to drive carbon emissions out of our Amazon Kitchen fresh prepared foods portfolio. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. As a Sr. Sustainability Program Manager, you will be responsible for developing strategy and executing programs that reduce carbon emissions and improve the sustainability of our products, packaging, facilities, and emerging business operations.
This role will collaborate with stakeholders throughout Amazon teams, such as Physical Stores, Transportation, Facilities, Packaging, and Product Sourcing, to manage multiple early stage programs that expand capabilities and enable strategic big bets in the sustainability landscape. You will manage the life cycle of complex, ambiguous programs, define project strategy, and align through leadership to drive execution opportunities and help accelerate action against Amazon Kitchen’s sustainability goals.
To be successful in this role, this candidate will manage multiple projects, define key milestones and strategy, own reporting and cross-team collaboration, and author program overview documentation. This role requires sustainability industry experience, excellent project management skills, strategic thinking, relationship building, process improvement, problem solving, and strong writing and communication skills. A track record of on-time project delivery coupled with the ability to operate autonomously are key to the success of this role.
Primary responsibilities include:
Define vision and execute strategy
- Develop a clear vision and a long term perspective using internal and external data sources that create viable sustainability milestones on our path to net zero carbon
- Define program objectives, analyze data, create reporting mechanisms, drive improvements quantified with metrics, and influence resource allocation
- Align leadership and cross functional partners to your vision
Project management of sustainability roadmap
- As an individual contributor, influence across organizations to ensure project milestones are prioritized and timelines are met
- Present program reviews to leadership resulting in healthy debate, constructive dialogue, and concrete next steps that harmonize discordant views
- Deliver consistent and ongoing program updates and goals reporting
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks
Navigation of complex concepts through cross-functional organizations
- Program accountability for both strategy and tactical execution
- Delivery of programs that meet challenging business goals and show measurable improvements in the sustainability roadmap including, but not limited to, customer experience, recyclability, carbon reduction, compliance adherence, and operational efficiency
- Ability to drive consensus and articulate program recommendation and trade-offs to senior executives
- Knowledge of project management methodology, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, and allocate resources
- Experience working in consumer packaged goods (CPG), physical store operations, and food industry (or adjacent) a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.