- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science experience in object-oriented design
- Computer Science experience in data structures
- Computer Science experience in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in Java, C#, Scala, or other similar programming languages
Amazon’s Sustainability Technologies team is looking for a talented Sr. Software Development Engineer to build sustainability-focused software systems. As part of Amazon’s corporate worldwide Sustainability organization, you will work with key product stakeholders across Amazon to implement sustainable shopping solutions.
As a Software Engineer you will work with your manager and team of highly skilled software, data, and test engineers to invent, design, and build highly stable and performant software. You will work with your internal customers to balance customer requirements with team requirements and help your team and business evolve. You will collaborate with leaders of partner teams developing our sustainable shopping systems.
Each and every person buying, selling, or handling Amazon products will be your customer.
If you’d like to make a real-world difference by working hard, having fun, and making history, this is the team for you!
- Design and develop critical components of world class, scalable distributed systems.
- Develop features and solutions that span the full software stack, UX, API, DB, ML modeling and Targeting.
- Interface with our internal customers and technical leadership to inform and understand requirements and priorities.
- Take on hard, ambiguous problems and articulate solutions that will serve the broader Amazon.
- Help develop long-term technical strategies in the product supply chain space.
- Mentor and advise junior engineers
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Expertise in one or more AWS products/services
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.