- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
- Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
- Demonstrated experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of initiatives
- Experience with data mining and data analysis
- Experience using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.
- Experience with analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, or Microsoft Access
Amazon Global Specialty Fulfillment is looking for a Sr. Program Manager to own and execute strategic, cross-functional operations and technology projects for Grocery distribution operations with focus on Food Safety compliance.
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Our vision is to build and maintain customer trust by assuring the safety and quality of Amazon’s ingestible products. We are looking for a dynamic and organized self-starter to join our team, focusing on designing network-wide operational processes to meet food safety and regulatory compliance programs.
This role requires scoping large projects, managing to project timelines, and communicating to management on status, risks, and process/product changes, data analysis, models development, validation and implementation. This role owns cross-team coordination with technical and non-technical partners, project management, and reporting to the Senior Team. This role can also be based in Seattle or Nashville.
- Designing and modeling new operations processes to comply with Food Safety regulations.
- Gathering and analyzing large sets of data across order fulfillment functions to establish global standards for operations and in partnership with cross functional teams.
- Building strong partnership with operations field leaders and Food Safety team to understand improvement opportunities.
- Analyzing and solving operational barriers with a focus on understanding root causes and driving forward opportunities to meet Food Safety requirements.
- Managing cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders to enable the launch of new projects and processes.
- Innovating to improve customer experience and continuously remove cost and quality from our fulfillment network
- Designing new metrics and enhancing existing metrics to support the future state of the business, reporting and presenting these metrics to Senior Team.
- This role requires travel within US up to 20% of the time.
- 5+ years of experience interacting with technical teams to manage a product roadmap
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
- Intermediate knowledge of VBA or Python
- Grocery Industry experience
- Quality and Inventory management experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit