- Bachelors degree in business administration or related study
- 7+ years of Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of complex, large, cross-functional projects from initiation to delivery
- Experience managing cross functional technology, product management, QA and testing teams to deliver complex products
Sr Program Managers, we're calling out to you! Passionate about working on complex strategic launches – look no further. This role is responsible for setting the charter for launching Alexa features internationally.
We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains. Join us for a unique opportunity as the Sr Program Manager to bring a new generation of technology to our customers!
This Sr Program Manager role will lead cross-functional launch program across the entire Alexa organization to bring new Alexa features to our customers. As the Sr Program Manager for Alexa International you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience of a cutting edge product that will be used every day by people in diverse marketplaces.
Table stakes for this Sr Program Manager position will be to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints across a broad array of stakeholders. Your ability as a Sr Program Manager to take large complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner will be critical. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative Sr Program Manager who thrives on solving tough problems. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to your success as a Sr Program Manager for Alexa International.
You will be joining a select group of people (and an awesome peer group of other Technical and Non-Technical Sr Program Managers in Alexa) making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
- MBA or Masters Degree
- The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Results oriented person with a strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively with global teams
- Drives detailed discussions and high-level alignment. Is clear and concise in verbal and written communication (e.g., functional requirements, design specifications, project/program
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, and assuming leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
- Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with data and developing insights from it, experience establishing and tracking program metrics
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Successful record of building, improving and running operational business processes globally, ability to drive program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation