- 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
- 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
Video advertising is a complex, multi-sided market with many technologies at play within the industry. The industry is rapidly growing and evolving as viewers are shifting from traditional TV viewing to OTT.
Amazon’s video advertising program is a rising competitor in this industry. Amazon’s service has differentiated assets in our customer & audience insights, exclusive video content, and associated inventory on our streaming services (IMDbTV, Twitch, Prime Video, etc.) and devices (FireTV, Echo, Fire Tablet) which all position us well as an end to end service for advertisers and agencies. As our business grows, we are continually experimenting with a portfolio of emerging ideas and technologies as well as global expansion. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to help foster these nascent ideas into scalable products and launch them into the market.
As the Sr. Product Manager-Tech for Video Ads Delivery Optimization, you will drive business initiatives across multiple stakeholders, including, sales, product, engineering and operations teams within the Advertising organization. You will oversee multiple initiatives that enable delivering on our commitments to advertisers and shape products changes to scale our business. This will require both hands on diving into issues and zooming out to manage trade-off decisions and drive consensus with leadership and partners.
A successful candidate is highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products that advertisers love. You must engage with customers to deeply understand their current and emerging needs. Video advertising is rapidly evolving and you must develop customer insight to identify solutions and invent on behalf of our customers. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for advertising. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded technical background as well as a history of leading complex, ambiguous projects end-to-end.
- Owning a long-term roadmap for a key area of our business, delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- Defining the product vision, animating that product vision for stakeholders, and bringing the vision to life
- Scaling programs globally, understanding and factoring in local customer preferences
- Constructing mechanisms to ensure customer feedback is understood and acted on
- Driving ongoing metrics reviews (WBR, QBR, etc.) that help measure the customer value that Delivery Optimization is driving
- Be a subject matter expert on OTT and video ads, and use that expertise to influence stakeholders and programs across the Ads org
- Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Experience with A/B testing methods
- A proven track record of building new, innovative, and engaging customer experiences informed by customer data from various sources (market research, internal data bases, A/B testing, user research)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Experience working globally, for a global customer base
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.