- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years HR business partner experience
- Experience supporting an hourly employee client group
- Experience in a retail, distribution center, or manufacturing environment
- Ability to frequently visit stores in the greater Los Angeles area
Amazon Stores is a unique extension of Amazon.com that focuses on in-person shopping experiences through our retail stores. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers love. Our field HR team provides support for store-based leaders and employees across the entire Amazon Stores portfolio, including Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, Amazon Go, and more. Our goal is to design and implement people practices that are scalable for our growing business. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our HR team as a Sr. HR Business Partner supporting our newest business: Amazon Fresh grocery stores.
The Sr. HRBP role is strategic but also hands-on:
you provide HR lifecycle support to our Amazon Stores teams, including talent management, workforce planning, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, and store culture. You will partner with field leaders to develop and execute strategies in areas like coaching/development, organizational design, succession planning, talent assessment and development, compensation, employee relations, and much more. Your work will result in capable managers, engaged associates, and vibrant store culture.
A successful candidate will:
- Understand business goals and translate business strategy into optimal HR processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused, and adaptable to unique and changing business needs.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
- Diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions, striking the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/compliance.
- Use analytical capabilities to influence business leaders with data-driven recommendations.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity in an evolving, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Prioritize effectively to deliver results both as a strategic leadership partner and a hands-on HR representative with a “pulse” of the employees at all levels of the organization.
- Influence organizational change initiatives, develop change management plans, and manage stakeholders before and after changes take place.
- Effectively coach at all levels of the organization and demonstrate success in driving career development, employee relations, retention, and rewards programs.
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication including high-quality document preparation and presentation skills.
- Be able to work independently and exercise excellent judgment, as well as be an active member of both business and HR teams.
Whether coaching your clients on leading their teams, developing innovative solutions to deliver results, or navigating and resolving employee relations issues, you will be a champion of Amazon’s culture and values, partnering with your clients to help them build and retain customer-obsessed teams.
- Master's Degree or MBA in HR or related field
- 7+ years HR business partner experience
- Experience with fast-moving, high performance teams
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https:https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.