- 10+ years of formal HR, program/project management or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in business, HR, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional/global projects and managing company-wide programs.
- 5+ years of experience working with centralized teams on global projects.
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history by joining the Americas Customer Service (CS) People Experience Technology (PXT) team. We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter to join the Americas CS PXT organization as a Sr. PXT Project Manager.
The Americas Sr. PXT Project Manager has a strategic and hands-on role that provides project leadership and support to the Americas CS. The role encompasses the execution of project initiatives, development and implementation of innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in the Americas PXT network. The role operates with significant autonomy and discretion in regards to the PXT function and is accountable for projects/initiatives in the Americas region (includes Canada, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil, Philippines and South Africa) with an impact on 15,000 employees on average. The PM works closely with key subject matter experts and decision-makers to evaluate business opportunities, determine the key initiatives, and build continuous improvement capability within the PXT function. Projects include process improvements initiatives; HR shared services, organizational design, Talent development, Diversity/Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategies, as well as large and complex expansion and transition projects. This positions reports to the Americas PXT Director and requires interaction and influence with CS leaders on senior levels.
- Direct experience in Amazon Customer Service or general experience with Contact Center Operations is preferred.
- Previous work experience in HR project management, analytics, or strategy.
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating analysis results.
- Proven, successful track record of navigating through ambiguous situations.
- Proven, successful track record of influencing across the organization and leading others cross-functionally to deliver on projects and goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter, strong drive, bias for action and result oriented.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects at the same time, and ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Support with the Americas CS PXT Rhythm of Business (RoB) including standard business cadence (e.g., Peak/Prime), Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews, Americas CS PXT Goal planning and resource allocation.
- Develop project plans, drive project schedule, run meetings, collaborate, coordinate across stakeholders and across teams to commit project goals, timelines and deliverable; implement project management; track and mange action items, issues and risks; drive change management tasks, activities and coordinate to implement it.
- Establish and drive partnership with business leaders and operational teams, technology teams, and wider stakeholders to earn trust and drive goal/project completion.
- Maintain the relationship with internal/external stakeholders to ensure their engagement and effectively utilize the best tools available.
- Support and coach regional PXT project(s) leads and team members along with reporting on the project progress and status.
- Understand CS operational and PXT performance requirements (OP2 goals, staffing plans, site metrics, etc.) and identifies opportunities to drive change.
- Own communications to project members and stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates, minutes of meetings and action items.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us