- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon where new and diverse challenges arise every day. AWS Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support the Startup Sales organization in the Americas. This role provides strategic support including key project analyses, metrics development and reporting, and planning and forecasting. The successful candidate will be able to think strategically, tactically, and analytically. They will have a demonstrated ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
The candidate will be responsible for developing tools and instrumentation necessary to address business opportunities, creating analytics to measure the effectiveness of business strategies and setting strategy, direction and prioritization for the team. The role requires a self-starter who will operate with significant autonomy while supporting senior business leaders and delivering results.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborative interaction with stakeholders at multiple levels and lead teams to define and deliver solutions.
- Drive business reviews and create mechanisms that promote accountability and high standards.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical and process constraints.
- Foster constructive and proactive communication across organizational boundaries.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
- MBA from a highly regarded business school is preferred
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality.
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
- Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools, advanced computer literacy.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering to expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization of competing deadlines, planning and task delegation.