- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
The Student Programs (SP) organization is responsible for attracting, hiring, and integrating the best student talent from all backgrounds to build the future of Amazon’s global workforce.
We are looking for a self-motivated, high-judgment program manager to support our diversity & inclusion efforts and own the strategy for our partnerships with Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU's), Minority Serving Institutions (MSI's), and other degree seeking institutions to ensure equitable access and outcomes for diverse student populations across our early career opportunities.
To be successful in this role, the program leader will need to excel at leading without authority, partnering with customers and stakeholders to align strategies and level-set on expectations, and operate with a high-level of autonomy to deliver solutions which are on time, on budget, and yield measurable results.
Experience working with underrepresented and non-traditional student populations highly preferred.
- Collaborate with campus recruiters across teams (tech, non-tech, MBA) to host recruiting events (including info sessions, panel discussions, career fairs, resume reviews, interview prep, etc.)
- Ensure standard SP policies, processes, and recruiting infrastructure are in place for diverse student hiring
- Consult on and build recruitment strategies and plans that target hiring the best talent, while evangelizing diversity programming
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with universities in North America, including MSIs, to determine areas of opportunity
- Communicate project status through regular email updates, roadmap prioritization meetings, and other trusted mechanisms (QBRs, narratives, etc.).
- Establish roadmaps and playbooks to help seed new student talent and programs as Amazon continues to launch new locations and countries.
- Experience driving diversity & inclusion efforts
- Strong project management skills and experience, including managing multiple internal stakeholders and projects at once
- Ability to motivate and influence leadership, stakeholders, peer groups, and cross-functional teams
- Experience effectively partnering with HR and business teams to build effective programs and strategies
- Experience measuring program impact against pre-defined success metrics, and proven ability to employ data-driven decision making
- Excellent communication skills, paired with sound business judgment and ability to look around corners
- Understanding of recruiting processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment