- 4+ years of experience in tax, finance or a related analytical field.
- BS degree in Data, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting or a related field or equivalent experience
Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative technology company based in Seattle and with offices all over the world. Amazon Tax Technology is a global organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build state-of-the-art products and solutions that enable our customers to scale, drive efficiency, mitigate risk, and solve business problems introduced by Amazon’s complex environment. The Indirect Tax Technology team is seeking an exceptionally capable and motivated individual to drive and deliver automation and technology solutions for indirect taxes globally. This role will join our team at our new HQ2 complex in Arlington, Virginia.
The right individual should demonstrate exceptional data skills and solid business judgment to ensure the delivery of the right results. This role requires the ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, the capacity to work independently within a distributed team environment, and the capability to build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
This role performs a wide variety of responsibilities for the tax technology organization including:
- Perform hands on detailed data research and analysis of a large financial data set; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues.
- Define business requirements for technical development based on analysis of data sets
- Work with customer teams to identify improvements in efficiency and controllership for their current data processes; teach them how to utilize the designed reporting and functionality in their processes.
- Contribute to the delivery of the indirect tax technology projects, independently drive smaller projects or components of larger projects; support project prioritization discussions, timelines and trade-offs with business partners.
- Build and maintain relationships with our key technology providers, as well as, other technical teams across Amazon.
We are a fast growing team, so we're looking for candidates who are eager and able to learn new content quickly, who are willing to explore unfamiliar territory, and who possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
- Ability to explain financial/technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Experience with large data sets, data reconciliation, and/or data investigation.
- Experience delivering projects and programs across multiple teams.
- Strong critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
- Creative, positive, and helpful attitude; a team oriented, customer-centric working style.
- Experience with SQL or Python, or and/other analytical tools to query databases
- Translate, articulate, and develop business requirement
- Experience with data modeling and large-scale data warehouses
- Have Tax or Accounting background
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.