- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 7+ years of software industry experience
- 3+ years of experience managing software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design, and performance
- Self-starter with the drive and conviction to do things right the first time.
- Proven track record of delivering reliable and scalable software solutions.
- Deep technical expertise and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Effective management of multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
- Able to work in a diverse team
Come join a creative team to build highly scalable, extensible systems that powers and enables customization for API endpoints. If you are a passionate, self-motivated, excellent people manager and an effective delivery manager who loves solving deep technical problems then we are looking for a leader like you!
We are looking for experienced Software Development Manager with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale to lead our API authorization and customization team under the Selling Partner Services organization. The team currently enables API endpoint that thousands of Selling Partners around the world use to manage their business on Amazon. By leading this team you will have the opportunity to significantly impact our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers by building highly scalable, reliable, and extensible systems.
A successful candidate will have a background in the leading team that owns distributed systems, a solid technical foundation, good communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. As part of this role you will:
- Build and manage a team of industry-leading software engineers
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach engineers
- Work cross-functionally, interfacing with internal customers to gain clarity on requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress
- Own all operational metrics for your team’s software
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers
- Work with product management to develop long-term architectural and business strategy
We are looking for a leader to join us in our journey to help selling partners to grow their business on the largest retail platform on Earth. Hope you will join us!
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years managing software development teams
- Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with large scale systems