- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, and Economics or equivalent qualifications/experience
- 3+ years of experience managing software development teams with hands-on architecture, designing and developing systems to solve complex problems
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- 3+ years of experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software features, document technical designs, and convey strategy
Do you want to change lives by delivering a world-class level of service that will transform and revolutionize the traditional method of parcel delivery through cutting edge technology? Amazon's Last Mile Routes Forecasting team improves internal and external customer experience by architecting and building systems that forecast how much volume we will deliver and how efficiently we can deliver it so we can plan the correct amount of on the road labor the Amazon Logistics network handles. These systems optimization and enforce efficiency in parcel delivery that will continue to challenge the norms of transportation technology.
You will lead an established but growing software development team that is building upon our foundational tools to scale the Last Mile program beyond where we are today. Driving further improvements requires both innovation and simplification since the solutions are beyond the complexity that can be handled by repeatable human activity. Considerations include geography, delivery capabilities, resource constraints, forecasting trends, and cost optimizations to optimally satisfy our customer needs.
Your team will work closely with research scientists and other system owners to invent and productionalize systems with impact across multiple Amazon delivery programs including Amazon Logistics, Prime Now, Amazon Flex, Amazon Fresh, Lockers, and other current and new initiatives.
The successful candidate will:
- Obsessively target our customers’ needs with elegant, reliable, high-scale systems work and be prepared to adjust course on the fly.
- Build strong partnership with client teams to continuously identify and prioritize software framework enhancement opportunities.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- MBA, Master’s or advanced degree
- 7+ years of experience in systems-level software development
- Demonstrated track record of recruiting excellent engineers and building a strong technical bench
- Demonstrated expertise in solving complex system issues and technical innovation, capable of "rolling up the sleeves and getting hands dirty"
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation