- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Golang, Java, C++, or Python including object-oriented design
- Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science or 4+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Understanding of device-side software design principles for security, performance, and reliability
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving, and complexity analysis.
Amazon Connectivity Solutions Group (CSG) is part of Lab126, an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a talented, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of product managers, development managers and software engineers. We are leveraging our wide range of expertise in AWS, wireless networking and device and application software to create an innovative, new consumer service.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will have significant impact on the success of our new service. Your skills across the full software development life cycle will allow us to delight our customers and grow our service to Amazon scale. Your responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define and prioritize the correct service capabilities
- Develop scalable, secure, end-to-end system designs using AWS managed services
- Drive operational excellence by feeding learnings from service monitoring and customer usage into team and program backlogs
- Raise the bar for software development craft by bringing cutting edge tools and techniques to the team
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, scalability, and operations.
- Comfortable challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems.·
- Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with Networking technologies like TCP/IP, DNS
- Experience or knowledge about building streaming video services
- Experience building or using Content Delivery Networks