- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
Alexa is the ground-breaking voice service from Amazon, that is re-inventing the way humans interact with technology, using our voice, the simplest and most natural form of communication. The Alexa Smart Home team is focused on making Alexa the voice-activated user interface for the home. Alexa is evolving into an intelligent, indispensable companion that automates daily routines, simplifies interaction with appliances and electronics, and alerts when something unusual is detected.
A day in the life
- You are a software engineer passionate about the vision for Alexa.
- You set the standard for quality, performance, and reliability in your team and organization.
- You are a teammate, looking to have fun (think board game lunches or video game happy hours), and want to make history.
About the hiring group
Our team, Amazon Dash Replenishment, focuses on inventing devices and services that make customers lives simpler by making shopping more convenient within the Alexa Smart Home. The services we build enable connected devices to order physical goods from Amazon when supplies are running low. We do this by checking product levels in connected devices (think printer toner or laundry soap), and automatically reorder more—before our customers even knows that they are running low. Our customers get the same low prices, great selection, and convenient delivery found on Amazon.com.
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science · Previous technical internship(s). Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases · Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions · Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.