- High School or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
Amazon is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Ship Dock Clerk positions. The Ship Dock Clerk is responsible for scheduling all inbound inventory shipments, resolve any carrier issues, and file delivery receipts and process claims. In addition, the Ship Dock Clerk will assist Dock and Receive associates to sustain the incoming workflow within the inbound department.
- Schedule incoming freight and close appointments daily after arrival.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment and a steady flow into the FC.
- Ensure all incoming unit counts are correct and note when they are not.
- Communicate with security to allow incoming deliveries into the truck yard.
- Accountable for the management of baled corrugate and full pallet trailers.
- Monitor Inventory Scheduling (Days of Freight Pushed, i.e. appointments are not scheduled during requested appointment times).
- File signed delivery receipts.
- Scan and e-mail “We-Pay” bills to assigned carriers.
- Process OS&D (Overages, Shorts, and Damages) claims.
- Understand and follow all dock processes.
- Responsible for removing barriers for dock associates.
- Create and communicate a schedule of incoming shipments for the Inbound and Outbound Management Team.
- A completed Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year of leadership experience directly managing others or one Peak as a Seasonal Tier 3
- 1+ year working in a like environment (manufacturing/distribution/warehousing/large retail)
- Experience with performance metrics and lean process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to coach, train and assist team members
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.