- Bachelor Degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience in retail or e-commerce desired
- Buying/planning, operations, or finance background
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
- Experience in building partnerships at senior management level
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Experience with business analysis and expertise in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
Amazon is looking for a talented, driven and experienced Senior Vendor Manager to join the Tools team. The Senior Vendor Manager will work with highly strategic vendors to drive a large business towards the next phase of growth and will own all aspects of their business. He/she will analyze data to identify key brands to target, initiate long term relationships with brands’ senior management, resolve any operational, logistical or business issues, lead negotiations on Amazon’s behalf and once signed, help the brands onboard and grow on the platform. The candidate should have experience in building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. They must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all executive levels of these organizations. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. This person needs to have a deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers. The right candidate stays on top of industry and competitive trends, and is able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level to drive selection, sales, and margin growth, while also improving our customer experience and education. In addition, the Senior Vendor Manager must be an effective leader and communicator in working with Amazon internal groups such as in-stock management, site merchandising, marketing, PR, finance, operations, and retail systems.
The Senior Vendor Manager is an effective leader and communicator and a seasoned problem-solver. The successful candidate should be able to define and drive long-term objectives and strategy for the business. He/she will be responsible for managing comprehensive selection across multiple large brands, developing collaborative marketing and promotions, and driving sales and margin improvements. The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management. Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills are musts.
- MBA with relevant business experience
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter and self-directed
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
- Experience in negotiations, pricing, marketing & promotion, inventory management, and margin management
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Proven experience leading teams, influencing stakeholders and managing cross-functional projects
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation