- 6+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
- 4+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring and synthesizing user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
- Portfolio including work from concept to completion, demonstrating your process of driving results from business/user problems to final product.
Amazon F3 (Fresh, Food, Fast) is the organization responsible for transforming the online and in-store grocery experience for Amazon. We're an important and rapidly growing part of Amazon’s future, providing planning, delivery, pickup and in-store services on a broad selection of grocery items and essentials from Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market and other 3P grocers. Grocery is unique and complex given the habitual nature of grocery shopping, the personal relationship people have to the food they eat, the new normal of omni-channel shopping, and grocery’s razor-thin margins. If you’re interested in solving some of the most complex problems Amazon has to face, you’ve found it right here.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a passionate Senior UX Designer who leads by doing, loves solving problems at scale and brings their best self to work everyday. Throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, you are the design thought leader that works collaboratively with a strong multi-disciplinary design team, as well with our analytics, business and engineering partners, to shape what’s next.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new spaces, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next step in your career, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
- Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations. Mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
- Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
- Experience in Service Design.
- Retail/e-commerce design experience in a global context.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.