- 5+ years of related UX design experience
- Experience with user research and incorporating quantitative customer data into UX deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. We are seeking a Senior UX Designer delivering innovation to support Amazon's grocery offering. As the Senior designer you'll demonstrate design leadership to ensure that our products are both trusted and loved by our customers. You will work with cross-discipline teams to advise on roadmaps, requirements, research inputs, product validation and keeping the quality bar high. We’re looking for someone who can bring in fresh insights and help lead innovation in a start-up environment with lots of green space. As a role model for mixed method design & research best practices, you will leverage a deep understanding of customer needs, strong technical acumen, and strategic long-term business thinking to drive vision, execution of next generation initiatives.
- Defining and driving the UX vision & identity for the Distribution Center Warehouse Management System.
- Going deep on consumer insights, product analytics, and competitive intelligence to identify unseen opportunities, and drive product & experience innovation.
- Leading brainstorming sessions and design reviews and quick, iterative user research for ideation and concept refinement.
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas in order to develop them, via storyboards, user flows, mock-ups, and prototypes, or other novel methods.
- Evangelizing initiatives to a diverse audience, across business and technical teams in both ad-hoc and formal presentations.
- Staying on the cutting edge of what’s new in technology and user experience, identifying, experimenting with acting on new technologies and interaction patterns.
- Contributing to the future direction of design at Amazon with the larger Amazon Design community.
- Experience working in Supply Chain and/or Distribution Centers.
- Demonstrated ability to influence product teams and product decisions via design and research.
- A track record of innovating work.
- Experience building creative centers of excellence.
- Master’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Able to work in a diverse team.
- Expert knowledge of prototyping and testing at large and small scale.
- Inspiring and precise executive level communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency using contemporary design tools to solve complex problems and communicate in visually stunning detail.
- A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading design and business success.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.