- 8+ years of experience in a legal, policy, or compliance role
- 5+ years of experience within risk management
- 5+ years of experience in FLSA, international Wage & Hour and Paid Leave laws
- 5+ years of experience U.S. and international COVID compliance laws
- Analyze changing regulatory guidance inputs from government entities to identify change management impact, define short/long term localized and global policy stances, standards, and strategies.
Come build the Future of Work with us!
Delivering on our business objectives to be Earth’s Best Employer, we seek exceptional talent that thrives in a fast-paced environment, is comfortable with ambiguity, and embraces (and is excited by!) the changing legal landscape in our evolving world of work.
Amazon is growing fast and expanding internationally at an amazing pace. Our HR Risk and Compliance (HRRC) team monitors the dynamic global labor law and employment practice ecosystem. We are seeking a Senior Risk, Compliance and Policy Leader to join our team. In this role, you will play a key role in applying labor and employment laws with a focus on, employee pay, time, attendance and benefits, across Amazon’s global employee populations while mitigating risks to the business.
Your work includes engaging with Legal, Public Policy, Communications, operational and technical teams, and senior leaders across the enterprise to help ensure compliant outcomes. You will be responsible for consulting with these stakeholders to drive alignment with U.S. and international labor and employment regulatory requirements, including Minimum Wage, Exempt / Nonexempt classification, Overtime eligibility standards, Paid leave and Time-Off policies including holiday, vacation, and sick leave, and new COVID-19 pay and leave laws.
You will also support the development of new and leading-edge HR technology to automate compliance solutions, leveraging your subject matter expertise, project management, analytical, and relationship building skills to partner with technical teams and bring automation, speed, and scale to our compliance operations.
The identified candidate will demonstrate proven experience to support diverse stakeholders – working with tech and non-tech experts; manage the execution of large, complex compliance audits; understand levels of potential risk and how to address them; provide in-depth consultation; and have the ability to synthesize diverse data to identify patterns, draw conclusions, and prioritize remediation efforts, using risk management concepts.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner closely with global Legal and Public Policy to identify and interpret legal standards
- Respond to inquiries and escalations as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Consult with global HR, Compensation, Benefits, and systems teams to ensure sound protocols are in place to mitigate compliance risks.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with business and HR leaders to influence policy and technology development and drive decisions in a complex, changing environment.
- Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action plans to remediate identified risk issues.
- Develop deep knowledge of the risk management solutions and tools utilized by Amazon, consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations.
- Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Act as a member of the Risk and Compliance team as part of the broader People, Experience, and Technology; Compliance and Immigration Team.
- 10+ years of experience in a legal, policy, compliance, or risk management role
- Advanced degree in a related area (JD or MBA)
- Experience working in a global technology company
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive results
- Proven analytical capabilities; experience defining technical requirements and specifications, writing policy, and translating policy requirements to tech partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills