- 4+ years of progressive corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on passive engineering candidate generation in a high tech market.
- 2+ years of experience advising and influencing executive leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivilent work experience
The Principal Engineer (PE) Recruiting Team is a small start-up team, within Amazon’s Executive Staffing Organization, in the midst of a scale-out effort. The Team hires Principal, Senior Principal, and Distinguished Engineers – the Company's most senior technical contributors. Members of Amazon's Principal Engineering Community are exemplary practitioners and pragmatic visionaries. Our Principal Engineers set the standard for engineering excellence across Amazon. In order to scale Amazon’s Principal Engineering Community, the PE Recruiting Team is looking for a Research Recruiter who shares a passion for hiring the best and the brightest engineers in the world.
The PE Recruiting Team has the unique ability work across all of Amazon’s businesses and impact each senior leadership team. The Recruiter will be responsible for owning and executing Principal Engineer searches. S/he will own relationships with senior executives and create robust hiring and candidate development strategies. S/he will be expected to identify, recruit and hire world renowned technical candidates. This person will need to be well-versed in all aspects of senior executive technical search particularly candidate identification, engagement, development, and creative sourcing. S/he will work with a strong, established recruiting team of Client Lead and Research Recruiters.
Specific responsibilities include but, aren’t limited to:
To be successful, you will bring the following:
- Developing a robust, multi-channel, search strategy that will attract world class technical contributors.
- Acting as a talent adviser to Technical and Business Leaders across Amazon – educating Hiring Managers about the external Principal Engineer demographic. Clearly communicating status and progress against open searches. Providing strategic guidance to executive leadership in matters related to top technical talent.
- Serving as an expert for technology recruiting. Continuous company and talent mapping in key tech areas for the company.
- Developing prospects into candidates, engaging them and performing assessment/screening and presenting candidates to executive leadership.
- Continually contributing to the knowledge base of the group and Amazon, as a whole, by providing education on relevant industries and talent pools/profiles.
- Building out talent networks in technology and product sectors and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an on-going pool of candidates.
- Supporting client update meetings on active searches with market relevant content.
- Conducting phone interviews and preparing candidates for on-site interviews, participating in pre-brief meetings.
- Coaching leaders to continuously improve their talent acquisition capabilities – especially at senior level.
- Research acumen and creativity; An individual who can learn new tech and product domains quickly and understand how to craft effective search strategies within those domains
- Superb communication skills; a compelling communicator able to engage the attention of busy, senior executives
- Self-assured, not easily thrown, able to think on your feet; this individual may be called upon to work on highly confidential searches with very senior leaders
- Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
This position can be based out of Amazon’s corporate offices in New York, NY or Arlington, VA. Other USA Amazon corporate office locations will also be considered.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Provides superior client service
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .