- 5+ years of experience in large scale program management, customer experience/success, and/or advocacy
- 5+ years experience with managing cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, providing escalations management
- 5+ years in advanced Excel experience (eg: Lookups/Pivot Tables)
Are you excited to use your process and research expertise, alongside customer obsession to solve some of the most painful issues our customers’ experience? The Customer Escalation Insights team at Amazon is seeking a highly motivated, customer obsessed, and experienced Senior Customer Insights Program Manager. They will lead solutions which directly improve the experience of our customers – ensuring we continue building Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company.
This role will allow you to make real-world impacts for our customers from Day 1 and offers a dynamic and supportive environment focused on development and collaboration to solve interesting challenges in a fast paced environment. You will be part of a small team that innovates and builds new ways to identify customer experience defects at scale – relentlessly advocating for our customers by surfacing these findings in compelling ways that influence product and service owners to address opportunities with lasting solutions. This is a 'big picture' position that will provide an opportunity for you to own customer insights, connect strategy to execution, and define work streams across many teams, leaders, and products or launches.
The right candidate will be ready to balance strategy and execution for broad projects, have strong customer experience knowledge, possess a proven track record of using Six Sigma or similar process improvement methodologies to identify opportunities and drive customer and business facing change, and the ability to communicate these insights to executive leadership in a variety of presentation formats. To do this, the Senior Customer Insights Program Manager will have the following responsibilities/capabilities:
- Customer Research and Analytics: Design, execute, and analyze customer research to evaluate customer experience and operational excellence, then recommending and following-through on solutions.
- Deliver Results: Lead large and complex process improvement efforts, including: scope alignment with local and international business leaders, process design, data analysis, journey mapping, and presenting results to senior management.
- Customer-Focus: Develop a thorough understanding of customer needs and pain points, both existing and potential. Use that knowledge to advocate for/drive delivery of studies and services that enable business and operational leaders to provide Amazon customers with an exceptional experience.
- Stakeholder management: Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to understand and evaluate business priorities, define shared opportunities and requirements, and establish information sharing mechanisms. Work alongside stakeholders to define and execute actions from identification to implementation while influencing with and without authority.
- Manage Ambiguity: Understand complex business problems across business units, geographies, and product lines to create problem statements and journey maps, then translate this into data collection and analysis requirements to identify meaningful insights that help Amazon improve our customer experience.
- Teamwork: Support team atmosphere and contribute to our high-performing culture. Work cross functionally with peers globally to support training, best practices, and shared opportunities.
- Experience with customer research and analytics
- Advanced degree (eg MBA)
- Six Sigma/LEAN certification or similar
- Proven capabilities in rapidly learning new domains to lead domain-specific discussions about processes, metrics and customer experiences
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
- Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen. Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.