- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
As a Senior Product Manager (Tech), you will be accountable for delivering and managing world-class features and experiences that are used by millions of customers around the world, daily. As a product leader on our team, you will shape the future of the Alexa Echo Devices roadmap. We are a team of builders that works passionately to apply cutting edge technologies to solve real-world challenges that will transform the Alexa experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
A day in the life
This role will focus on driving engagement, growth, monetization and extending the reach and impact of features on Echo devices. You will own the strategy and performance of key features on Echo devices and drive impact through feature and experience innovation and new segment growth. You will define the SW products and experiences that delight customers from a variety of backgrounds and deliver best-in-class feature innovation and usability. You will be responsible for guiding a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, feature owners, and content sources from across the broader Alexa organization to achieve high impact and meet your goals.
About the hiring group
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
- Translate complex and ambiguous business problems into crisp product strategies and roadmaps, while managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience and time to market
- Write product/marketing documents, requirements, user stories, product specifications, ensuring clear communication and coordination with business, design and development teams
- Create buy-in for product vision internally and with key partners in US and International teams.
- Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers
- Drive product launches including working with external partners, public relations teams, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic and tactical issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet financial and technical goals
- Establish innovative processes and pursue new opportunities that ultimately create disproportionate value for our customers and business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- A track record of consistently exceeding business growth goals
- Demonstrated ability driving innovation as well as bringing creative ideas of others to market
- MBA or Master’s degree