- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
Do you enjoy solving very complex problems while seeking to invent and simplify? Are you excited by large complex supply chain? Do you enjoy leveraging your creativity to solve real world analytical and capacity delivery problems? Are you ready to get in on the ground floor of Project Kuiper, Amazon’s long-term initiative to design, launch and maintain a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites to provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world? It’s Day 1 for Amazon’s next billion-dollar business and we are looking for an entrepreneurial minded Senior Financial Analyst to work in a start-up environment who is passionate about technology and information systems, who thinks/acts globally, and has the ability to create and implement solutions.
Project Kuiper seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support the Supply Chain and Procurement (SC&P) organization. As a Finance Leader, you will responsible for defining and driving key FP&A processes and automation initiatives within SC&P Finance. You will have the responsibility for consolidating financial information, forecasting, reporting and analysis. The successful candidate will need to be strategic, analytical, and have the demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Partner with SC&P teams to design and execute the best network topology for Kuiper’s Supply Chain verticals. This includes location of warehouses, inventory placement, modes of transportations and export/import costs.
- Perform supplier financial assessment and build models in support of contract negotiations.
- Present financial summaries and business insights to Senior Management (Business and Finance).
- Develop and implement long range business planning.
- Develop financial models to drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to continuously improve cost structure and customer experience of the supply chain.
- Develop new analytical models for supply chain solutions.
- Build out and enhance P&L models for new and existing businesses, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses.
- Work with big data and transforming it into insights and information.
- Lead automation efforts of critical processes.
- 3+ Financial Planning & Analysis experience in Supply Chain organizations.
- Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (SQL, MySQL)
- Proven experience of working in a highly complex analytical environment preferably in Supply Chain, Logistics or Transportation Planning
- Relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
- Experience and ability to use SAP S4, Cognos or similar tools.
- Strong command of Financial and Accounting fundamentals.
- Advanced financial modelling and excel skills with familiarity with databases.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of options and their implications including insights into interactions with other areas of the business.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.