- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
Are you looking for your next big opportunity? Want a high-visibility finance role directly influencing the future of a successful cloud computing business? Please join the AWS Finance team!
The growing AWS Platform organization needs a finance professional to provide planning and analysis. This group of teams impact nearly all AWS businesses AWS. This role will partner with this customer focused group of business to work on challenging and time sensitive needs.
A day in the life
The successful candidate will implement and drive the core financial processes for the business. Additional responsibilities include helping refine the capacity planning processes and modeling improvements to help drive positive Free Cash Flow.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
About the hiring group
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in blazing the new trails of cloud computing. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world’s most successful web companies.
AWS Finance seeks a world class Senior Financial Analyst. This position works closely with senior business partners and finance professionals at all levels to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership on AWS’s products. Key responsibilities include:
- Influencing business partner decisions through education and collaboration on marginal costs, pricing, customer adoption, etc.
- Collaborating with business partners to build and maintaining detailed cost models by product/service
- Driving the financial planning/budgeting activities
- Preparing and providing financial reporting including communicating future financial risks and opportunities to the business
- Developing and standardizing financial reporting
- Working on ad hoc financial analyses and projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- An MBA or MS in Finance or a related field
- Experience creating SQL queries
- Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment