- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 5+ years industry experience
- 5+ years of experience with demonstrated strength in ETL/ELT, data modeling, data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components and reporting/analytic tools.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven leaders. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything on-line, this is your chance to make history and be intimately involved in growing our business by leading and supporting hourly staffing initiatives.
The Workforce Intelligence team applies data and insights to optimize the experience and operations for Amazon’s largest candidate population – Tier 1 Associates who bring the magic of Amazon’s industry-leading Customer Fulfillment experience to life. The pace at which job creation and hiring must happen to support the scale and complexity of Amazon businesses is a problem Amazon is uniquely qualified to solve for and continually innovate on. Workforce Staffing literally hires by the hundreds of thousands across multiple role times, job attributes, and for a range of business lines.
As a Data Engineer in Workforce Intelligence, you will provide technical leadership, lead data engineering initiatives and build end-to-end analytical solutions that are highly available, scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective. You strive for simplicity, demonstrate creativity and sound judgement. You deliver data solutions that are customer focused, easy to consume and create business impact. You are passionate about working with huge datasets and have experience with the organization and curation of data for analytics. You have a strategic and long term view on architecting advanced data eco systems. You are experienced in building efficient and scalable data services and have the ability to integrate data systems with AWS tools and services to support a variety of customer use cases/applications.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Design, implement and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics and data science.
- Implement data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes by leveraging AWS technologies and big data tools.
- Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions with a flexible and adaptable data architecture.
- Collaborate with engineers to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service modeling and production support for customers.
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, etc.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
- Experience with AWS
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.