- Degree in related field with a strong technical background (additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in areas such as internal threat (aka insider threat), digital forensics, or internal investigations
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy in a global environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate security and business risk to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Python, Bash, PowerShell )
Amazon is seeking Security Engineers to join our internal threat reduction team. Join the team responsible for providing developing and executing the insider threat program for Amazon. The team’s mission is to reduce to risk insiders can pose to Amazon, and the primary responsibility of this role will be to lead internal threat investigations across Amazon.
The role provides the opportunity to investigate potential internal threat cases, provide internal threat subject matter expertise, research and recommend technology and process improvements, and build the tools and capabilities to support those efforts. We build tools to match the scale of Amazons environment, pushing the limitations of existing tooling and evolving beyond those limitations. As part of this team, you will participate in building large scale, customized tools that enable you and the team to rapidly investigate, proactively detect, and increase collaboration across partner teams.
Key tasks include:
- Serve as a primary internal threat investigator, using an array to tools and capabilities to investigate internal threat cases
- Provide subject matter expertise in all aspects of internal threat investigations
- Provide analytical and operational support to internal risk investigations, mitigation, and program objectives
- Participate in and lead large-scale incidents requiring parallel investigations, executive communications, reports, and postmortems across a global scale
- Communicating effectively with varying audiences at multiple levels of sensitivity, often including legal, human resources, business leaders, and partner information technology and information security teams
- Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research to Amazon
- Developing trends and insights based upon data to drive continual improvements
- Experience with AWS cloud solutions
- Keen interest for candidates with knowledge in Data Sciences, Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with digital forensics as part of legal proceedings (e.g., evidence handling, affidavits, testimony)
- Relevant industry certifications or training which demonstrate intimate familiarity with the insider threat discipline (e.g. CERT, CCITP, NITTF)
- Coding proficiency in Python, Go, or similar language
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.