- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in hardware test
- 2+ years experience in a development environment with design of experiments, and defining and following test procedures or work instructions
Project Kuiper will launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world. Are you passionate about engineering excellence? Are you excited to contribute to a program that is revolutionizing broadband access across the globe? Come work at Project Kuiper!
The Vehicle Integration and Test team is looking for a spacecraft test and integration engineer to take satellites from subsystem testing and initial build, through functional testing, spacecraft validation. You will be responsible for ensuring proper data collection, data reviews, and demonstrating the spacecraft’s readiness for launch. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging opportunity to work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve. We want individuals who want to reach beyond what is possible today. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment.
A day in the life
As a Spacecraft Test and Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for testing from subsystem to subassembly and spacecraft level. You will own test campaigns to ensure systematic and complete sub-assembly testing, documentation, review, and readiness for spacecraft launch. You will lead the charge to develop a scalable and dependable integration and testing process, which supports the reliable operation of the satellite in space. You will work closely with colleagues throughout Project Kuiper’s inter-disciplinary team, and must be excited to work in a fast-paced, development, and collaborative environment. You will be essential in the on-time delivery of hardware capable of achieving mission success, and will have broad scope and autonomy to fill any and all gaps between product concept and delivery.
About the hiring group
The vehicle integration and test team is focused on ensuring that sub-systems are efficiently integrated and effectively tested to ensure the satellite’s reliable operation in space. The team’s responsibilities range from process development and initial integration and testing, through to driving towards a production cadence and process. The tasks and daily focus change rapidly, and you will often take on exciting new responsibilities to ensure project success. Expect to be deployed to address complex problems by identifying the scope of the issue and quickly establishing innovative and functional solutions.
Export Control Requirement:
- Execute test plans from subsystem through to vehicle level.
- Own test campaigns
- Ensure all test data is properly collected, catalogued, reviewed and documented.
- Prepare test reports that are clear, accurate, and easily understood.
- Work with all sub-system teams
- Assist in the preparation of satellite readiness reviews.
- Develop testing and validation processes from initial development to high volume, production scales
- Apply critical thinking in complex situations, and solve integration and test problems in real time
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 3+ years of experience with hardware test, including ATP and QTP
- 2+ years of experience in a development environment
- Experience with avionics hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and drive test and integration campaigns, with ownership from formulation through to execution and documentation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking in complex situations
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and root cause analysis skills