- Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
- 8+ years of Recruiting and/or HR experience
- Experience with recruiting for technical talent (Software Development Engineers, Technical Program Managers, Software Development Managers etc.)
- 2+ years direct people management experience
2+ years project/program management experience using data and metrics to determine improvements.
AWS is seeking a customer-obsessed, results-oriented Recruiting Manager to join our World Class Talent Acquisition team. This position can be based in Herndon, VA, Arlington, VA, Seattle, WA, Austin TX or any USA Amazon Corporate office.
In this management role, you will play a critical role in building and growing our Platform AWS business across multiple locations and partner with the business teams to design recruiting strategies at scale. You will apply your prior program management and recruiting expertise to achieve business hiring goals. You will act as a true talent advisor, partnering closely with both the business and other HR leaders to set and drive project strategy and metrics while managing a client-aligned recruiting team.
The ideal candidate will be a simplifier and multiplier that increases productivity and the effectiveness of our teams. They will be data driven and communicate ideas effectively (verbally and in writing), to foster constructive dialogue that drives to outcomes.
- Drive sourcing capability & capacity across a geographically dispersed team to proactively build diverse candidate pools while leveraging all available talent channels.
- Work closely with Business, Engineering and HR leaders to influence and deliver a quality assessment and candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment funnel.
- Partner with key stakeholders (Business Leaders, Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners and Recruiting Managers) to determine future talent needs and set and drive enabling sourcing strategies; this requires a deep understanding through extensive market research of the channels (both domestic US and internationally) where we can find the best, diverse talent.
- Build engage, manage and develop a team of high-performing staff.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify and drive productivity improvements that enable the team to deliver hiring goals.
- Lead and participate in cross-business/cross-company recruiting projects and initiatives.
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
- Project/program management experience in recruiting or HR
- Track record of sound decision making, ownership, bias for action, and backbone
- Analytical and data-driven
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that simply convey complex ideas
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and reporting dashboards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us