- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 1-2 years of software QA testing experience with black and grey box functional testing
- Automated testing experience
- Ability to script in Python or any programming language
- Excellent QA aptitude and familiarity with different testing methodologies
- Ability to react well to changes, deal with a high degree of ambiguity, work with teams and multi-task on multiple products and projects
Interested in testing Robots? Willing to expand your testing knowledge beyond the normal pass/fail criteria? Eager to test your limits by diving into a highly dynamic, non-deterministic system to learn and debug issues? Robots (like humans) are complicated and requires curiosity, passion and grit to learn and master. If this is something that interests you, learn more about Amazon Scout on our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout .
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be working on testing cutting edge robotics technology in a highly collaborative environment with other QAE and SDETs and engineers from hardware and software teams. You will be responsible for:
- Writing test plans, test cases for new features
- Test strategies for validating new robot hardware and software
- Defining quality guidelines and processes for testing and releasing software to production
- Participating in defining the automation requirements/strategy for Scout
- Understanding production workflows to be able to close the gaps in testing.
- Drive efficiency in testing at various phases of development by process improvements, test environment updates or providing automation requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Experience with ROS
- Experience building and designing multi-tier test cases
- Experience with UI and service automation
- Experience with performance testing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.