- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering, or similar relevant Engineering discipline
- 7+ years of experience in the field of engineering in commercial buildings, demonstrating progressive responsibility and growth within the industry
- Knowledge of Building, Electrical, Energy and Life Safety Codes
- Proficient in MS Excel, and MS Project
- Ability to manage high level meetings and discussions
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage change
- Have strong project management experience
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Provide business decision support and participate/lead special projects
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects dictate. Strong communication skills and understanding of the end user.
We are looking for an innovative Electrical Engineer to join the Store Development Team who is obsessed with creating world-class shopping experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of code requirements and their application in a retail environment. This position will be responsible for the creation and implementation of technical standards along with managing the building systems engineering of developing prototypes and individual, on-going construction projects for the electrical discipline. This position will serve as a department subject matter expert and act as a “bridge” between the department and the broader organization. The position requires strong working knowledge in a variety of building types and systems (with experience in both the design of such systems and an understanding of installation and maintenance). You will work closely with architecture and engineering consultants as well as an in-house store design, construction and procurement teams. This position will collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams at many levels. Candidates must be capable of making creative design recommendations and must have the ability to articulate design justification to different groups within the organization. This professional has the ability to value-engineer MEPR systems and reduce overall program costs while ensuring the customer experience is not affected. This position will be part of an exciting, fast-moving business unit, where everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
You are the right person for this job if you have a strong end user focus and a passion for producing high-quality work. You must be a self-starter, creative, and a critical thinker with an intense curiosity and drive for learning. You must demonstrate the ability to efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources across multiple projects and working groups spanning design and technology. This position requires you to manage stakeholder expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes—because organization and attention to detail are in your DNA. You will work closely with internal teams and external partners. You will make decisions and find solutions quickly and with confidence, and not expect someone else to show you the right way forward. You are the right person for this position if you take ownership of your work, display a great deal of initiative, possess common sense, sound judgment, and a sense of humor.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Grocery design experience preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in the field of engineering in commercial buildings
- PE licensure
- Revit design experience a plus
- Knowledge of current sustainability trends and practices preferred