- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Industrial Engineering, or similar
- 3+ years as a Program Manager
Amazon operates a world-class network of large, technologically advanced fulfillment centers across the world. The Worldwide Real Estate (WWRE) Team is responsible for acquisition, construction and management of facilities across the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
The Worldwide Real Estate Transactions, Project Management Office (PMO) will create a common set of processes and supporting tools for managing the transactions portfolio and various organizational projects. The Project Management Office standardizes processes so it is easy for managers to move between different or multiple transactions as well as to ensure a quick learning curve for new Transaction Managers and Coordinators. The person in this role owns the completeness, validity, and accuracy of the team’s data. The Project Management Office is always in a position to share information on program and project levels to support leadership decision-making.
- Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and coordinate the cross-team dependencies for site launches
- Design and coordinate program governance systems and their respective inputs and outputs; manage the Transactions tracking system maintenance requests and conceptualize processes that will help the Transactions team identify inaccurate or incomplete information
- Work with Transaction Management leaders to drive consensus on portfolio data governance
- Implement established policies, system monitors and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all organization initiatives. Exercise judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to develop corporate methods and techniques to accomplish this end
- Govern changes to the SHIELD tracking platform to ensure standards are retained across all business units
- Own the Transaction tracking system data dictionary
- Provide both verbal and written communications regarding programmatic project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations
- Develop knowledge about programs and specific transactions that can support Worldwide Real Estate management in internal and external discussions
- Document and track progress against launch milestones, highlight blockers, track risks & issues as well as path to green or mitigation plans; Report progress for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews
- Support process improvements by suggesting metrics to measure overall team performance, efficiency, and workload
- Support business analysis requests by conceptualizing dashboards for quick access to internal metrics
- Work with the team to provide support, coordination, and training to ensure adoption of new systems and business processes
- Translate generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical plans
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors to achieve best results
- Work effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors and Senior Management in accomplishing project objectives
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identifies viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements to streamline operations
- High proficiency in Excel and in the general Microsoft Office product suite
- 5+ years as a Program Manager a similar Program Management role
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related experience
- Demonstrated experience in Real Estate Transactions, Asset Management, or Lease Administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis and ability to effectively bring both technical and non-technical teams to consensus
- Self-motivated; able to own workload in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment to deliver results on self-driven deadlines
- Experience working with data visualization platforms such as Tableau or Quicksight. Emphasis on conceptualizing portfolio-dedicated dashboards.
- Data mining experience using structured query language statistical programing language such as SQL or Python
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- Project Management Institute (PMI), PRojects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE2), or similar PMO certification
Residential brokerage experience is not relevant to this role and will not be considered in evaluating candidates’ suitability as described above.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.