- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years experience in program or project management
- Demonstrated ability to conduct strategic planning and strategic decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make complex investigative decisions
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems logically and make rational data driven decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience with managing cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, providing escalations management, anticipating and making tradeoffs.
- Experience with Excel, Word, SQL and data analysis.
Are you interested in Amazon Alexa and the future of voice-powered connected devices? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and use of Alexa in consumer electronics products? This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and innovative businesses at Amazon. Third-party hardware makers can integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS), the brain behind Amazon Echo, into their products and third-party content developers can create unique experiences (Skills) for Alexa customers. AVS and Alexa Skills are enabling many new connected devices and exciting, voice-forward consumer use cases.
The Alexa Developer Experience and Customer Trust (ADECT) team is looking for a dynamic technical program manager with a strong background in software platforms, customer/partner engagement and ability to coordinate internally with the software stakeholders and product teams to deliver scalable solutions deployed around the world. These programs support executive level goals and ensure we are building experiences that delight our partners and customers. In this role you will have the opportunity to define how we implement AVS certification globally across third party devices and Skills content, prioritize marketing for partners across a rigorous set of criteria, invent new ways to track and analyze performance metrics. You will play a pivotal part to enable efficiency and scale in our operational efforts and will evolve early-stage programs that are necessary to drive long-term growth. To be successful in this role you must drive detailed discussions, high-level alignment and provide clear and concise written and verbal communication. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to lead teams through complex and ambiguous programs, define the requirements for evaluating program efficacy, strive to simplify and strike an optimal balance between leading and influencing with authority.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Experience with data analytics and data-oriented decision making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
- Experience with Business Intelligence software and SQL querying a plus.
- A passion for technology, the Internet, digital content, and the mobile/voice market segment
- Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals