- A completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
- 2+ years of data-centered relevant work experience .
- Experience managing large capital projects.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Regional or network level project work.
- Ability to work with and influence all levels of associates and managers.
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills to solve engineering problems.
The Process Engineer (PE) team is a group of operational leaders driving process stabilization, standardization and continuous improvement. Candidates will manage the inverse relationship between cost and service, developing innovative ideas which create value for our customers. PEs have customer impact by identifying and solving operational deficiencies, deep diving data, using engineering principles in the development of processes and planning tools, and project management skills to implement change. PE’s act locally, but build globally, standardizing AIR’s operations.
In Amazon Air, process driven techniques helps us deliver smiles to both our internal and external customer daily. There are multiple ways to problem solve here; and we do it with consideration and respect for each other. Our team has many perspectives that it brings to the table. We are diverse and united. Your thoughts, ideas and contributions are highly valued here to solve any problem that we may encounter. As we continue to grow as a business, so will your growth and development at Amazon Air. There is no limit to how high you can “soar” here at Amazon Air!
Amazon is seeking a Process Engineer with a background in air freight operations. This position requires the ability to plan, organize, implement, and manage capital and process improvement projects. The successful candidate will have an extremely high level of customer focus, passion for process improvement, and have the technical ability to deep dive large quantities of data to derive customer focused solutions. The candidate will be a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
The Air Gateway Process Engineer will be responsible for creation and implementation of critical roles within the new Amazon Air Gateway. Working with internal business partners, the Process Engineer will apply best practices in order to maximize the efficiency of Amazon Air’s Gateway. The engineer will observe and diagnose air hub processes, identify improvement opportunities, communicate real-time events, Learn & Be Curious about ways to improve current operations to make generational improvements, prescribe improvement strategies, and ultimately assist in the transformation effort.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop labor standards through work measurement
- Create and own labor models and planning to support both sort and ramp operations
- Project management from conception to completion
- Conduct and lead project meetings with Sr. Management
- Assess and optimize the processes and equipment used in the facility
- Typical projects could include spearheading a floor layout redesign, evaluating the ergonomic needs and issues within work areas, or conducting a capacity planning and analysis study for peak season.
- Understand, articulate, and implement mechanisms that drive efficient process.
- Evaluate flight schedules to determine operational impacts
- Calculate ground support equipment (GSE) needs at regular intervals
- Plan and design systems that meet business needs by improving integration of people, materials, equipment, software, and finance
- Recommend and implement changes to safety procedures, work methods, and labor standards
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Master’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience working in air freight operations within the small parcel transportation space or air cargo industry
- Intermediate Tableau expertise
- Exposure to Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers is preferred.
- Advanced experience in AutoCAD and SQL expertise
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.