- 8+ years of experience in product management in technology/software-based products
- Experience owning a product vision and defining a detailed roadmap to . deliver on that vision
. 5+ years working closely with Engineering teams and architecting large scale systems.
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management to deliver products/services
- Bachelor's Degree
Books organization's mission is to inspire readers by making it easy to read more and get more out of reading. This Role is a Principal Product Manager Technical role, that sits right in the center of Books Shopping Foundations technology transformation.
With our unique needs of enabling seamless shopping experiences across two different formats (Print and EBooks), different apps and surfaces (iOS, Android, Fire Tablets, E-Readers, Web), we provide technology simplifiers for all of Books/Kindle Single threaded teams to deliver immersive Native and Web Shopping experiences. The role involves raising the bar UX on both Apps and Mobile, ability to learn the latest in Mobile/Web/App development.
This role essentially defines the "what" and helps drive the how and execution of the future of Books Shopping Experience into a mobile-first Shopping experience.
- Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results Orientation
- Thinks big
- Ability to work with Engineers at all levels (College hires to Sr. PEs) and business/technical leaders up to SVP level.
. Previous experience in Software development, writing code for Mobile Apps is a plus.
. A passion towards building the future of Shopping experiences that work for Web and Apps seamlessly.
- 8+ years of experience running large scale systems and contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and reach across team boundaries to successfully deliver products/services
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and navigate ambiguously defined structures to deliver results
- Ability to translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements
- Able to take calculated risk with limited data and shape experimentation plans for validation and make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs
- Experience using data and metrics to validate assumptions and inform product decisions
- Experience with applications of analytics and ML to marketing problems (targeting, personalization, experiment design)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.