- 8+ years of product management experience
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- 5+ years of defining, building and managing platforms
The Seller Fees Team is hiring a Principal Product Manager (Technical) to revolutionize the ways Amazon teams interact with Fees systems. The Fees systems are the way Amazon teams monetize their services for 2MM+ Selling Partners WW. As the number and complexity of teams who rely on Fees systems expands, this role will envision and deliver the roadmap which will ensure our systems flexibly scale with these customers’ needs to enable strategic and high impact initiatives.
A day in the life
In this role you will drive product strategy, vision, and delivery to standardize and modularize Fees systems integrations for teams who charge Selling Partners for services. You will be the primary interface for a diverse set of teams within fees and across the broader Selling Partner Services org and will take on the most challenging product management opportunities with autonomy and high visibility. You will work closely with talented tech partners to develop and drive a roadmap which modernizes fee systems, clearly defining system boundaries and building a flexible implementation engine which enables use of the underlying building blocks of fees systems.
About the hiring group
The Fees org develops strategies and tools that enable third-party Sellers to offer Customers the Earth’s largest selection at competitive prices, while maximizing long-term profit for Amazon. Our systems empower partner teams to launch and change fees in a manner that builds Seller trust, ensuring every transaction is accurately calculated and transparent. Our team is focused on delivering the suite of services which enable all Amazon teams to manage their fees; and the tools which enable Sellers to make informed economic decisions regarding fees. We partner with internal and external teams to streamline fees systems interactions, pursuing a vision of self-service and config based integrations which accelerate time to market and provide out-of-the-box access to core fee products.
As the Principal Product Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Defining a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Amazon teams to (1) flexibly leverage the full suite of fee systems via APIs and (2) enable out-of-the-box access to core fee products
- Codifying the rules of the road which standardize implementations; and develop mechanisms to ensure rules are followed while working to achieve the long-term roadmap
- Generating buy-in for the product vision with leadership and partner teams
- Creating and maintaining an optimized and logically sequenced roadmap
- Translating customer experiences into clearly defined product requirements
- Refine and develop metrics to track and quantify success in your domain
- Managing prioritization and trade-offs to ensure delivery of a great customer experience
- Anticipating and resolving strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to deliver
- Leading cross-functionally to ensure the product vision is implemented effectively
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- MBA from top-tier school
- Strategic product acumen and proven ability to define a winning business strategy
- Analytical aptitude and data-driven problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to senior executive audiences
- Experience defining developer facing tools and services
- Strong persuasion skills and ability to create buy-in for a bold vision
- Experience creating product specifications, performing competitive analysis, and/or market research
- Experience with agile/Scrum software development