- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, including using data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and drive root cause analysis
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders, including technical teams
- Strong written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to work independently and autonomously
Principal Product Manager - Tech
Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon’s Sellers? The Strategic Account Services – SAS team is looking for an innovative product manager to develop and implement the vision for new service offerings for Sellers. This position is a great opportunity to work on green field product development and to own and define a critical and rapidly growing part of the Amazon Seller experience.
As a Principal Product Manager on the SAS team, you’ll develop new services, products, and programs for Sellers on Amazon and work with product, design, and tech organizations across the Consumer organization. You’ll use data and partner feedback to inform the evolution of our products and services, to measure the impact of our launches, and to identify and create additional growth opportunities. You’ll influence stakeholders and executives from various Amazon teams, such as Pricing, Retail, and Selling Partner Support, to drive alignment and coordinated execution of launches, selling partner engagement, and changes to the selling partner experience.
The ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity, is a data-driven thought leader, and is eager to drive large initiatives that drive growth and improve the Seller experience. Our perfect candidate will have strong bias for action, and pays close attention to detail, ensuring that we deliver results and accurately assess the impact of our initiatives on the customer and selling partner experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define the strategic vision of services, have a long-term roadmap, and drive the team to execute on that vision. You own stakeholder engagement and take point on service delivery issues.
- Distinguish between one-way and two-way doors, using your high judgment to make smart risks and innovations.
- Align teams towards coherent feature strategies. You bring clarity to complexity, probe assumptions, illuminate pitfalls, and foster shared understanding.
- Partner effectively with other leaders involved in the design, development, marketing, and sale/use of your product(s). You are able to influence their roadmap priorities and reach consensus on approach/prioritization.
- Be flexible, adapting your approach to meet the needs of design, engineering, and project teams. You ensure schedules are reasonable and aligned to consistently deliver successfully without wearing out key individuals.
- Prior experience managing technical products or online services
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge normal operations
- History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership