- 8+ years of relevant experience in account management, business development, content licensing, or finance
- 8+ years of experience negotiating license and/or business development agreements
- 5+ years of experience working in the music industry across either artist/label relations, artist management, or live events
- Excellent written/verbal communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune 500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
The Amazon Music for Artists team operates at the intersection of artists and their fans. We are a start-up team that is heavily focused on innovation, and with our growth we are seeking an entrepreneurial, creative, and analytical Artist and Industry Relations. This role is primarily responsible for building a content pipeline for live music events across Twitch and Amazon Music by working with artists, their teams, promoters, talent agencies, venues, and brands. A successful candidate for this role will be an independent, creative problem-solver with great business acumen, and the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously while managing competing deadlines.
In this role you will:
- Partner with artists, their teams, promoters, venues, festivals, and talent agencies, and record labels to build a pipelines of live music events
- Own the strategy, planning, and execution of prioritizing that pipeline for development
- Partner with ad sales teams and brands to develop and sell sponsorship packages
- Ensure that the artist has a positive experience throughout the development and production process
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Superior analytical skills, critical thinking, and willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
- Experience working with creative directors, visual designers, and manufacturers to sell new product opportunities to artists and their teams
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment start-up like environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Expert-level fluency in current trends, players, and opportunities in music and audio
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.