- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- BA/BS required.
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements.
- 8+ years of experience in program or project management, particularly relative to event planning and coordination.
- 8+ years of experience executing cross-functional projects with tech and non-tech teams.
The Political Programs Manager will join Amazon’s political programs team focused on planning and executing events with U.S. policymakers and stakeholders. The Manager will organize and lead programmatic engagements with government officials, and will work with the broader team to conceptualize and execute Amazon-hosted events, grand openings, community activities, and policy roundtables. In conjunction with members of the Public Policy team, the Manager will identify the necessary resources to grow successful engagements while ensuring the team’s events are structured in accordance with public policy initiatives and company standards. The overarching goal of this position is to leverage programmatic engagements, like the ones described above, and provide the Public Policy team with opportunities to showcase Amazon amongst policy stakeholders.
The Manager will work collaboratively with relevant business units, public relations, and the public policy team to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The Manager will assess and anticipate certain public policy matters, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions, coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
An ability and desire to travel is required.
This position will be based in Arlington, VA.
- Relevant professional experience in conceptualizing and executing high-visibility events and/or tradeshows, developing strategic content, managing budgets contracts, and overseeing logistical requirements.
- Understanding of the policymaking process, government relations, external advocacy, and communications tactics.
- Experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant and easily understandable briefing documents, event memos, and talking points or other messaging.
- Experience preparing materials for meetings with government officials in a variety of settings, including in-office meetings, site visits, public events, and hearings.
- Demonstrated work experience with companies, consultancies, trade associations, governmental agencies, or equivalent organization.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization.
- Ability to think critically, process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend a best course of action.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.