- Several years of mobile, software or digital business development experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
- Experience working with emerging technologies, especially speech/voice; Mobile, digital content, and apps domain experience a plus
- Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Bachelor's degree
Help mold the future of voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be right for the Partner Manager role on the Alexa team. In this role, you will be working with some of the top-tier companies & content providers to help develop incredible experiences that will wow customers using Alexa technology on a variety Amazon products.
Your responsibilities will include creating and owning key business relationships and driving the ultimate success of partner projects. You will be the “face of Amazon” with key partners and drive discussions with senior technical leaders/CxO in those organizations. You will also need to think broadly about business, product, and technical challenges and map the intersection of partner needs and Amazon priorities. Creating scalable processes that can be leveraged across teams, both domestically and internationally is crucial. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer engagement and communication skills as well as the technical understanding to drive deals across all stakeholders.
- Engage partners to drive opportunities for compelling Alexa 1P experiences and deeper integrations into Alexa
- Develop partner management strategy and Manage content provider relationships both domestically and internationally
- Work with cross-functional teams to evaluate third party content, negotiate business terms and licensing contracts
- Partner closely with Alexa product and technology teams to plan and execute licensing contracts and ideate on ways to simplify and scale the process over time
- Own all facets of the partner management process for small to medium accounts, develop strategic relationships, and understand important business drivers for customers and partners
- Understand a partner’s product portfolio and roadmap and ensure that Alexa is part of the partner’s ongoing plans
- Report on plans and results to senior management, and communicate frequently with various internal and external stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Excellent business judgement and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Strong ownership and bias for action; work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals
- Comfortable negotiating contracts and managing large budgets
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans; which includes putting solid processes and PM plans in place to help us scale.
- Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
- Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Comfort working with a broad range of technology tools including Excel, Word and Salesforce.com
- MBA preferred