- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in business, HR or related field
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in the areas of HR, Analytics, or Organization Development
- Project Management experience
- Facilitation experience at various organization levels
When customers shop on Amazon.com, they expect a consistently safe, simple and world class experience. A large number of systems and services contribute to that experience, from identity services to massive data warehouses and innovations, specifically focusing on managing the incredible scale and complexity of operating one of today’s most successful businesses. eCommerce Infrastructure Services (eIS) provides end-to-end solutions for operating Consumer, Digital, and Other (CDO) businesses on top of AWS. We develop and vend core foundational technologies (such as frameworks and services), as well as user-specific policies that are layered on top of AWS components. We are the primary data access and storage layers, and intermediate for both public internet and intranet client-to-service communication. Internal builders rely on our components to speed their development and simplify their operations. Our users are diverse, ranging from builders to auditors, and some of our largest users include eCommerce, Fulfillment, Prime Video, and Advertising. Our teams are diverse in focus, leveraging a range of technologies and providing thousands of services. We focus not only on delivering against today’s technology requirements, but also thinking big to pioneer the innovations that will change the future of eCommerce.
The eIS team is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented Senior Program Manager (PM) to own a multi-faceted approach towards shaping the eIS organization. The role will own developing and executing strategies for organization branding and marketing, talent sourcing, recruiting and site strategy all while supporting Amazon’s goal of being the world’s best employer through Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The individual will also develop command and control and succession planning frameworks, which will be indicators for talent growth, organizational health and risk. This candidate will have a significant impact on our delivery, development, products, and most importantly, our customers. As a member of the eIS team, you will work closely with technology and business teams to design and implement key recruiting and hiring strategies that focus on talent growth, team/role prioritization and managing Hiring Operations through developed key performance indicators (hiring metrics, diversity participation, inclusion, and customer feedback trends). This role requires excellent communication skills, a passion for experimentation, knack for analytics, and ability to scrutinize data to make conclusions leading to improvements in key processes.
You will be responsible for building and improving a variety of programs and mechanisms, and driving continuous improvement, adoption, customer satisfaction and success criteria. You will be eIS’s liaison for corporate led teams influencing and supporting our organization. Your goal will be to minimize churn and friction on our hiring execution teams. In this role, you will coordinate with eIS leaders, stakeholders and partners by providing best practices and guidance, developing and launching frameworks, support tools and KPIs. As a leader in eIS, you will ensure escalations are surfaced, followed through on, closed and communicated back to customers. You will also be responsible to collect feedback, retrospect and enhance processes and efficiencies for quality outcomes.
The ideal candidate will need to operate with ambiguity, effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and handle risk and uncertainty. This candidate has strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage many cross dependent work streams. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong program manager skills, excellent delivery and execution skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Key roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with product and tech leaders in eIS to identify and outline hiring priorities and readiness for the eIS Org., and identify the right investment themes and mechanisms to keep funnels evergreen.
- Build a scalable framework to track, allocate, prioritize and report progress towards hiring and overall budget
- Drive Ownership of all recruiting events for eIS, that include setup, identification, diversity and inclusion of eIS and its recruiting functions
- Identify and coordinate cross-team dependencies requirements and teams to build and develop project plans
- Analyze metrics to measure success, and innovates improvements to increase customer adoption and satisfaction
- Observe, measure, and provide quality controls of program results being provided to customers
- Listen to, and use leadership, recruiting, hiring manager and employee/candidate feedback to drive improvements in the overall process
- Identify, communicate and remove barriers and blockers, and escalates to leadership as needed
- Build and execute project and communication plans – inclusive of timelines, status updates and reports
- Flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have the customer experience firmly as the focus.
- Measure outcomes and outputs of projects and process improvement endeavors, providing regular updates to business and HR leaders on project/program status
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and managing company-wide programs
- Experience working in Global team environment with multiple time zones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High quality document preparation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Ability to create reports and analyze people metrics
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams