- 2+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- 4+ years of creative experience in agency, studio or in-house
- Proficiency with industry standard design tools and software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Adept in problem solving, resourceful, proactive
- Experience writing briefs, managing stakeholders, and delivering results
- Exceptional prioritization and time management skills among ever-changing deadlines
- Comprehensive understanding of all social platforms and digital landscape
- Demonstrated understanding of creative development strategy, content marketing, and design
- Strong verbal, written, and creative ideation skills
- Collaborative, organized, innovative, communicative, strategic, curious
The ideal candidate will bring energy, passion and creativity into everything they do and be comfortable in a fast paced, hands-on environment. Will have at least 4 years of design experience in an agency, studio or in-house, with additional experience managing outside vendors. This position will be focused on elevating all Wondery creative materials with a consistent focus on developing an innovative and fresh visual identity for the company, while managing all tactical day-to-day operational practices necessary to deliver creative materials.
A day in the life
The Marketing Manager, Creative Advertising will lead day-to-day efforts in ideating all creative project with internal stakeholders - including leading creative brainstorms, drafting creative briefs, working directly with creative agencies to bring assets to life and serving as the liaison between agency and marketing team to route project materials. This role will drive creative direction across many different deliverables (social, in-app, web, key art, etc) for both show and brand marketing at Wondery, working directly with show leads and the digital and social team.
About the hiring group
WONDERY (An Amazon company) is one of the largest podcast studios in the US. Launched in 2016, and known for its immersive podcasts, Wondery became the fastest network to join the Top 10 ranker by Podtrac, propelled by hit shows such as Dr. Death, Dirty John, American History Tellers, Business Wars, Even the Rich, and Dying for Sex Thirty four of Wondery’s shows have reached #1 on Apple Podcasts, and Wondery is the only publisher to have simultaneously claimed the #1 and #2 ‘Top New Podcasts” slots on an annual Podtrac ranker. In 2020, Wondery launched the Wondery app, it’s new direct-to-consumer product offering the company’s Wondery+ premium service, providing our fans with a new premium listening experience.
The Wondery team includes all kinds of individuals:
no matter your race, gender, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, whether you listen to business podcasts, true crime or audio fiction, or any other quality, you are welcome here. Our team’s personal experiences and unique viewpoints are what shape our narratives, and they form our culture in every area of the company. It is through all of us expressing our own experiences that we can tell the most immersive and engaging stories.
- We’re innovative, creative and love immersive storytelling
- Fun activities and events (including midday hikes!)
- Healthy snacks and fridges stocked with LaCroix
- Beautiful West Hollywood location close to landmarks like SoHo House, Roxy Theatre, The Comedy Store and more
- Lead internal creative projects from inception to execution, including concepting, planning, production and managing scopes of projects
- Build and manage timelines, budgets, deliverables, assets, and all other key functions of creative material development to create efficient systems and processes that streamline workflow
- Manage external creative agencies and oversee creative ideation on all aspects of creative production to deliver innovative, best-in-class campaign materials
- Collaborate with Marketing and Content teams regularly to understand show and brand strategy while making strategic, creative recommendations
- Concept, manage and execute creative ad-hoc materials as necessary
- Stay current on digital and traditional marketing trends, culture and events; bring inspiring creative ideas to the forefront of all projects and materials
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Detailed knowledge of podcast and entertainment content landscape
- Passion for podcasting and audio storytelling
- Strong ability to provide conceptual oversight and clear creative direction, providing timely and helpful feedback
- Design experience across a wide variety of assets (in-app, key art, print, web, CRM, social)