- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- 2+ years experience managing and growing teams
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is building systems and capabilities to ensure that we deliver our customers’ freight, no matter how large or small, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best-in-class service levels.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starting Manager, Supply Chain Management to elevate our Inbound Transportation operations performance by optimizing the programs, support, and service offerings provided to shippers and internal (Retail and FBA) stakeholders. This role will evaluate how existing programs compare to customer needs and wants, identifying gaps and improvement areas and working cross-functionally to build a program that exceeds customer expectations.
- Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
- Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
- Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
- Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
- Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
- Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
- Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
- Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
- Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
- Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
- Understanding of basic data analytical skills and tools such as Excel, SQL (intermediate)
- Experience writing documents on topics such as process improvement proposals, business requirements, product roadmap and proof of concept.
- Completed Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Operations Research, MBA or similar field from an accredited university
- Project/program management experience that shows how to organize, find solutions and follow through to a successful conclusion
- Experience with transportation industry
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing Experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.