- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 8 years of recent economic development project management and working with state agencies and local communities.
We’re looking for an experienced economic development professional to support our rapidly growing business operations and real estate footprint in North America. As a manager in this role, you will be responsible for engaging with state and municipal officials to expand our retail, physical footprint, work with local permitting agencies and ensure support of facilities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Collaboration with Amazon's retail team, real estate teams, legal, tax, HR, finance, corporate communications, and other business partners regarding new investments, site expansion plans and requirements. This will include project management for future retail investments.
- Supporting the site selection process including due diligence, procurement, and assistance with permitting.
- Manage relationships with outside legal counsel, developers, and other professional service providers
- Work directly with state and local community economic development, policymakers, workforce and labor, taxation, and other key government agencies, officials as well as chambers of commerce, utilities, and other key public/private stakeholder groups.
- You must have excellent organizational skills and be a strong written and verbal communicator, with great attention to detail. You will need to be able to work independently in a constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment. You also need common sense, great judgment, and a sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) and/or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certifications preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience making presentations in public forums.
- Previous in-house economic development experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Excel, Salesforce.
- Public policy and government affairs experience.
- Experience collaborating with strategic communication teams.
- Significant experience in managing, economic development, infrastructure, and workforce development issues for development projects.
- Experience with the permitting and construction process of retail projects.
- Experience dealing with corporate business leaders, high level government officials, and external stakeholder groups
- Experience leading and managing a team and third-party vendors, contractors, and advisors.
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing successful partnerships with state and local governments, and other public and private stakeholder groups.
- Ability to travel domestically on a frequent basis.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.