- Bachelor’s degree
- A background (4+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Solid communications skills – verbal and written
- Strong analytic skills and expertise in Excel
- Ability to seamlessly work across functional and organizational boundaries, and reputation for influencing others and earning trust across levels and organizations
- Proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion of large-scale projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Interested in working on an innovative and high-impact business that is changing the way customers think about grocery? Amazon is looking for a bright, customer obsessed, and motivated individual to join the Amazon Fresh Stores team.
Amazon Fresh is a new grocery store designed from the ground up to offer a seamless grocery shopping experience, whether customers are shopping in store or online. We’ve taken our decades of operations experience to deliver consistently low prices for all and FREE, same-day delivery for Prime members. Customers will find a wide assortment of national brands and high-quality produce, meat, and seafood; plus our culinary team offers customers a range of delicious prepared foods made fresh in store, every day. We’ve also introduced new ways to make grocery shopping more convenient, including the Amazon Dash Cart, which enables customers to skip the checkout line, and new Alexa features to help customers manage their shopping lists and better navigate our aisles.
The Amazon Fresh Grocery team is looking for an experienced Manager, Category Management to lead multiple facets of a retail business (e.g., buying/vendor management, product management, operations, marketing/merchandising) and identify growth opportunities. He/she will be able to deliver results at both a strategic and tactical level across all aspects of the business.
Your direct responsibility will be to manage performance of the product portfolio including developing and growing vendor relationships,expanding product selection and vendor base, negotiating contracts, setting category strategy, developing marketing programs, driving sales and margin improvements and creating best-in-class customer experiences.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer experience intuition, business and product sense combined with solid understanding of technical concepts. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent, exceptional communications, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an exceptional attention to detail
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- MBA preferred