- High school or equivalent diploma
- 1+ years of experience in security service, asset protection, audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, or other related field
- Experience with MS Office Professional Suite, including Excel
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
- Analytical experience in performance based, action and results oriented setting
The Loss Prevention Specialist (LPS) is a key high-level hourly associate position in the Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FCs). The Loss Prevention Specialist leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, & intellectual property) protection in a designated fulfillment center. The LPS reports to the Loss Prevention Manager responsible for their facility, and aids them in supporting the FC Operational team, and the cross functional teams throughout the organization. The position is site based.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead, conduct, and deliver results regarding investigations of Theft, Fraud, and Workplace Violence/Critical Incidents
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to Workplace Violence, Theft, Fraud, Critical Incidents, and Process Improvement
- Deliver results through policy Guidance, Education, and Mitigation strategies to help meet business demands
- Serve as department’s liaison and security/crisis management subject matter expert for site leadership keeping them informed on key issues, strategies and the department’s performance
- Analyze data, conducts audits and identify trends to create actionable plans to mitigate risk
- Maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues in the work place
- Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives
- Inspiring performance excellence and oversight on the part of all contract security service team members.
- Develop strategies for alarm reduction and conduct system diagnostic for problematic devices by engaging and resolving issues with internal and external partners
- Accurately communicate verbally and in written form to a broad customer base
- Train and orient new Associates in LP culture
- Develop projects while continuously improving physical security, processes, standards, training, and policies for future growth
- Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to data center access controls, inventory control and record keeping
- Promote and execute security best practices
- Audit physical security infrastructure (i.e. intrusion detection, access control, cameras) and ensuring functionally of all systems
- Work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary
- Work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with off-site supervision
- Demonstrated ability to engage with others at all levels
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment
- 1+ year of leadership or management experience
- Professional credentials in Loss Prevention, such as, Wicklander and Zulawski certification
- Experience with warehouse or distribution center services
- Experience conducting internal or external interviews
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification
- Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception-Based Reporting, etc.
- Awareness and implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.