- Experience in manual testing
- 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in automation testing
- B.S. in Electrical/Computer/Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of work relevant experience working as a Hardware Test Engineer or similar role.
- 4+ years’ work experience in Consumer Electronics or related fields.
- 4+ years’ experience creating detailed hardware test plans and procedures, driving products through verification and early manufacturing runs.
- 4+ years’ experience analyzing use cases to create tests and automated scripts for requirements verification and validation.
Are you looking for an exciting and diverse testing opportunity to apply and grow your technical abilities at the same time? Blink is looking for rising leaders in our QA organization who have a passion for technology and innovation. Blink is developing new products to disrupt the low-cost, high quality security space using our industry-leading technologies and we need hands-on, passionate quality engineers to share new ideas and innovation to deliver high quality products to our customers faster.
A day in the life
Blink is looking for Hardware Test Engineers with strong technical expertise, hands-on experience and leadership skills to join the team. As a Hardware Test Engineer on the Blink team, you are expected to bring passion to utilize and grow your industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality and testing efficiency. The mandate of the team is to ensure that all Blink products are of the highest quality and provide our customers the best experience. The incumbent will work closely with electrical, mechanical and embedded software engineering teams to validate the design of our products.
About the hiring group
Blink is the affordable, battery-operated home security camera that sends motion-activated alerts and HD video to a smartphone. We are part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos.
- You will support the development of new hardware products from a quality perspective by defining test strategies, test plans and developing test tools.
- Analyze and debug hardware at the component level.
- Develop tests and debugging tools to analyze the functionality of hardware systems.
- Develop new test procedures and enhance existing ones to ensure products’ reliability, usability and performance.
- Analyze all products to identify any manufacturing defect and resolve all hardware issues in coordination with development engineers.
- Ensure compliance to all electrical safety laws, procedures and rules.
- Analyze and support resolution of all hardware test issues.
- Test hardware implementations and documentation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- You have several years of hands-on experience testing consumer, audio or medical electronic devices.
- Knowledge of engineering best practices & patterns for the full software/hardware development life cycle, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and certification.
- Knowledge of embedded programming is strongly desirable.
- Experience using and contributing to engineering documentation (electrical schematics, PCB layouts, mechanical drawings, requirements documentation, interface control)
- Must be able to work with basic electronic bench equipment (meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators, curve tracer, etc.)
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Must be very organized and detail oriented.