- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
- 3 + years of relevant experience in cost accounting and financial analysis.
Are you Customer Obsessed and want to help Amazon use the voice of our customers to drive change? Amazon Customer Service (CS) supports our global customers with more than 100K CSAs from 153 sites across 40 countries in 19 languages! This team receives customer feedback first hand and finance is key assessing and prioritizing these opportunities. Join us in our effort to provide the best possible customer experience in the most efficient manner.
The pace and growth of the business along with its increasing complexity, make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition. As such it will require an individual who is motivated to make a big impact by thinking both locally and globally. The ideal candidate will be a creative and analytical problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This customer focused experience opens up several career opportunities across Amazon including advancement opportunities within CS or Amazon finance, to lead CS operational teams, or to develop deeper technical skills as a Business Intelligence Engineer.
Our Shipping and Delivery Support (SDS) organization currently has an opening for a Financial Analyst II to support our regional operations teams around the world. You will work directly with our frontline leaders and will play a key role delivering financial and operational analyses, surfacing opportunities to reduce cost and innovate, manage projects, and help take the Finance team to the next level. You will work hard, but we promise you will have fun!
- Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps.
- Partners with stakeholders to provide actionable insights
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
- Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
- Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.